Bsnl Do Not Disturb Service Activation : Hey, do you want to stop calls from the different ad agencies and make them in block list to your BSNL number? No need to do it because BSNL brought the new solution for you for blocking the commercial ads from Telemarketing agencies. It is nothing but DND service and here we gave the detailed explanation about how to activate the BSNL DND service in different ways.
WHAT IS DND?
A DND is a service that provides privacy to the subscriber from the ads. DND stands for ‘Do Not Disturb’, TRAI (telecom Regulatory Authority of India) was introduced this service. The subscriber who wants to stop the annoying calls or disturbing messages from commercial ad agencies, they should be registered into the NDNC (National do not call) registry. Each and every telemarketing agency should verify their call list at the NDNC before making contact to the subscriber. So that registered users cannot get the call.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR ACTIVATING THE BSNL DND?
Here we are providing you the two ways for activating your BSNL DND service. They are
- Activation through the SMS
- Activation through the Call
From above two types, you can choose any one of them and also this activation is categorized into two types. They are full activation and partial activation.
BSNL DND ACTIVATION VIA SMS:
Here we have some steps to follow the BSNL DND activation for both full and partial blocking.
Step 1: Open the messages icon in your mobile.
Step 2: Type message like; SMS><Space>< START 0
Step 3: Send this message to 1909.
Step 4: Within 24 hours you will receive a unique confirmation message.
Step 5: That’s it you completed the registration of your number in BSNL DND services.
Note that, in step 2 you sent the message with a number of ‘0’ which indicates the full blocking of ads or full activation of the DND to your BSNL number. If you want to activate the partial DND service for your number you may follow the below table for preferences areas.
|Preference Number||CHOSEN FIELD||FORMAT of the SMS|
|0||Full activation/ Blocking all fields||SMS START 0 to 1909|
|1||Banking/Insurance/Financial products/credit cards||SMS START 1 to 1909|
|2||Real Estate||SMS START 2 to 1909|
|3||Education||SMS START 3 to 1909|
|4||Health||SMS START 4 to 1909|
|5||Consumer goods and automobiles||SMS START 5 to 1909|
|6||Communication/Broadcasting / Entertainment / IT||SMS START 6 to 1909|
|7||Tourism and Leisure||SMS START 7 to 1909|
You can able to send multiple preferences at a single request like SMS START 5, 6 to 1909
BSNL DND ACTIVATION VIA CALL
For subscribing to DND service to your BSNL number via Call. You have to follow the points discussed below.
- Make a call from the BSNL number.
- Dial 1909 and listen to the IVRS carefully.
- Give response to the system to reach the DND service topic.
- Once you get to the DND options, make sure to select full blocking or partial blocking.
- If full blocking is selected, then simply accept the activation of DND.
- Otherwise please select the preference of your wish.
- Finalize the list by accepting the partial DND activation.
That’s it; you have registered to the DND service successfully.
DEACTIVATION OF BSNL DND SERVICE:
Hey, guys now you can unsubscribe to this service by a single step. Make a message like SMS><Space><STOP to 1909 and deactivate the DND service to your BSNL number. Another way for the deactivation of the service is by calling to the customer care number 1909. Make a call to it and follow the instructions given by the IVRS system until you reach the DND deactivation option. After that, accept the DND deactivation for your BSNL number. You may also check the DND status for your BSNL number online.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR BSNL DND SERVICES:
- This service will be activated after three months of purchasing the BSNL SIM.
- Activation / deactivation of the DND service to your BSNL number will take place within 7 days after registration.
- Some services like bank alerts, bank communications, online booking alerts, etc. cannot be stopped by the BSNL DND services.
- The number 1909 is a toll-free number so you cannot be charged for any time.